Holiday Wellness Tips
It’s tempting to abandon all of your health goals as you approach the holiday season. This season, we’d like to encourage you to stick with your goals and maybe even add a few new ones!
Here are some of our top tips for Holiday wellness:
- Stay active – aim to break a sweat 5x per week which will help with blood circulation, metabolic activity, joint health, and your overall mental wellness!
- Be mindful – sometimes we all need to step back and take a quiet moment. If you are feeling stressed this season, try downloading a meditation of mindfulness app.
- Be aware of what you are consuming – with holiday parties, family gatherings, and work events, we all tend to over-indulge this time of year. Unfortunately, processed and sugary foods are known to produce inflammation in the body which can lead to host of health issues. Try to keep it balanced and also prioritize nutritious whole foods!
- Get outside – getting sunlight and fresh air is proven to improve anxiety and depression. If you are feeling down with the cold weather and shorter days, go for a long walk or read a book on a park bench. Fresh air is an excellent remedy!
- Enjoy relationships – Now is a great time to reach out to a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to in awhile! Friendship and community is essential to living a well-balanced life.
- Journaling – Take time to process all that is going on your life, reflect, and also look forward to the future. Writing down your thoughts is proven to help with anxiety.