Summer Peach Caprese Salad
This fresh summer salad pairs sliced peaches, mozzarella, and basil leaves. The peaches and mozzarella are arranged in alternating slices on a platter and topped with torn basil leaves. A simple dressing of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper is drizzled over the top to allow the flavors to blend before serving. The sweet peaches, creamy mozzarella, fresh basil, and tart balsamic dressing come together for a delicious take on a classic caprese salad.
- 3 ripe peaches, sliced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the peaches and mozzarella into 1/4 inch thick slices. Arrange alternating slices of peaches and mozzarella on a platter.
- Tear the basil leaves and scatter them over the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the balsamic dressing over the salad.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve.
- Use ripe, in-season peaches for the best flavor.
- Tear the basil instead of chopping for a pretty presentation.
- Drizzle a little more balsamic reduction over the top before serving.
- Try adding prosciutto or salami for a more savory caprese.