Healthy Maple-Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 1 pound of fresh carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds or sticks
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the Carrots: Place the sliced carrots in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the Glaze: In a separate small bowl, whisk together the pure maple syrup, olive oil, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Coat the Carrots: Pour the maple glaze mixture over the carrots and toss them until they are evenly coated.
- Bake the Carrots: Spread the glazed carrots out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a lightly greased baking dish.
- Roast in the Oven: Roast the carrots in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly caramelized. You can toss them halfway through the cooking time for even glazing.
- Garnish and Serve: Remove the roasted carrots from the oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, if desired.
This healthy twist on maple-glazed carrots uses pure maple syrup for sweetness and incorporates warming spices like cinnamon and nutmeg for flavor. The use of olive oil instead of butter keeps it lighter and healthier. Enjoy these carrots as a side dish for a nutritious and tasty addition to your fall meals.