Delectable Spaghetti Squash Pizza Pie
It’s squash season! Why not skip pizza delivery night and cook this delicious spaghetti squash pizza casserole dish?! It’s easy to whip up and a crowd-pleaser. Plus, it’s filling and makes for excellent left-overs.
- 1 pound ground sausage (mild)
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30 or minutes or until the squash begins to brown and the threads of the squash come apart easily.
- Once it’s done, remove threads and place in a casserole dish.
- Over medium heat in a separate frying pan, add sausage, garlic, chopped broccoli, and onion. Stir until thoroughly browned.
- Add the tomato pizza sauce, dried oregano and salt and pepper to the frying pan and mix well.
- Add the meat and sauce mixture to the spaghetti squash in the dish.
- Next, add the eggs to the baking dish and mix everything together until the eggs are no longer visible.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until the top of the casserole is slightly brown and beginning to crisp.
- Enjoy! Top with cheese if desired.